Terms and conditions
Making A Purchase Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on ‘Checkout’ and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order. We accept credit card payment. We currently are only able to accept orders from the United Kingdom in £ Sterling. We will add other destinations as soon as practical. We accept Visa and Mastercard, Switch (Maestro) and PayPal. We do not accept Amex.
You will receive a confirmation of order to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
Shipping And Handling In the UK we use Royal Mail First Class post. We charge for shipping by total value of your order. Please note we charge a minimum of £5 for shipping purposes.
We will normally despatch your order to you within 3 working days. We deliver in the UK and Channel Islands by Special Delivery or courier. Both of these require a signature. Please ensure that the name and address you provide is correct and that delivery to the recipient is possible. We cannot accept any liability for late or failed delivery if we are given incorrect or inadequate information. If your order is for a special occasion, a Birthday for example, advise of that date and we will do all possible to effect delivery on or just prior to that date. This is not guaranteed and we cannot accept responsibility for late deliveries as a result of the failure of the delivery service.
- Whilst we do our best to deliver on the date you chose and within the time frame expected above, we cannot guarantee that we always will, especially at busy times or because of postal strikes.
- If the recipient or a person able to accept the delivery of the products is absent, the carrier will leave a notification of the delivery at the delivery address indicated by the customer asking him to claim the products. Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for any damage to the products resulting from their late recovery from the carrier.
- Any damage or loss in transit must be pointed out in writing when signing the delivery notice in the presence of the delivery person. We cannot claim against a carrier unless these precautions are taken. We always recommend writing “unexamined” on the delivery note if you do not have time to fully check the state of the parcel there and then.
- We do not despatch, nor deliver on Saturdays or Sundays.
- We advise against deliveries when temperatures are higher than that of the UK average summer. We have no control over temperatures during deliveries and so we cannot accept responsibility for any chocolate deliveries that have been heat damaged. Read our terms and conditions before placing your order.
Tax Charges VAT at 20% is included in our selling prices.
Credit Card Security
We dedicated to making your on-line shopping experience with us safe and secure. We use an encrypted Secure Socket Later (SSL), which encrypts your personal data when shopping with us. The system authenticates the connection between your computer and ours, and then encrypts any data that is transferred between to two. A padlock symbol will appear on your browser to show you that the system is secure. We do not have access to your credit card details when you pay online, as it is all handled by the PayPal server, so the system is very safe. You may of course call us and place your order over the phone should you have any concerns.
L’Auberge du ChocolatLtd do not disclose buyers information to third parties. E mail addre sses which are collected for marketing are done so only with the express permission of the person. These addresses are not given to any 3rd party. Auberge du Chocolat only use this data for the purpose for which it is agreed. Anyone can opt out of receiving e mails at any time by contacting email@example.com or by ticking the box at the end of the e mail. We do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (spam). We conform to the requirements of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm
All prices are shown in UK pounds sterling. Auberge du Chocolat reserves the right to revise prices at any time. However the price you see on the website when you place your order is the price you will pay, inclusive of shipping and tax.
- Customer selects items from the shop
- Goes to basket
- Provides card details
- Confirms delivery address
- Confirms T&Cs have been read
- Confirms order
- Delivery for mainland UK only